* Removal of fire hose from apparatus or storage.
* Labeling and recording of all information for each length of hose.
* Inspection of all fire hose, nozzles, couplings and appliances in accordance with NFPA standards.
* Rolling and repacking of fire hose in the same place and manner as it was removed.
* Hose manufactured prior to July 1987 shall be removed from service.
* Service-testing of nozzles.
* Attack fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 300 psi.
* Supply fire hose shall be service tested to a minimum of 200 psi.
* System tests - each pre-connected line or any attack line used for interior firefighting operations on a fire apparatus, together with the nozzle or hose connected appliance it supplies, shall be flow tested as a system at least annually.
* All non-threaded hose connections shall be provided with locks to ensure against unintentional disconnection.
* Fire hose users and the Authority Having Jurisdiction shall establish a replacement schedule for their fire hose, which takes into consideration the use, age and testing results.